Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Letter to a Dashboard Icon

Dear Tire Pressure Icon,

 You ever have one of those days where everything goes wrong?

 Today is one of those days. I woke up feeling more tired than I had when I went to bed. My back hurt a lot. Then I spent breakfast designing a poster for my Biotech class instead of reading the paper. I rolled into my car with only thirty minutes for my forty minute commute.

 Then you came on.

 I don’t know where you get off on this. I really don’t. I got new tires three weeks ago. They aren’t low. They simply aren’t. I don’t know what’s so hard to get about this. Yes, it’s been pretty chilly this week. That doesn’t mean you have the right to light up whenever you want, you little saggy tire icon with an exclamation point in the middle. I mean, it’s one thing to think I have low tire pressure when I don’t. It’s another thing to get all !-y about it. Gosh.

 Now, I get that pressure gradients can screw with people. Just this morning (I’ve had a pretty crappy morning) I opened a water bottle I’d kept in the freezer all night and it exploded all over me. I know my tires were filled when it was ninety degrees outside. Granted, that probably was not the best choice on my opinion.

 But you didn’t have to rub it in my face. Anyone can see I’m not having a very good morning. My neck hurts. I have a ton of work to do. I don’t ask my dashboard for much—but how much trouble would a ‘Good Job’ or ‘Hang In There!’ icon be? What I mean is, we’ve been together for almost two year now and you never ever ask me how I’m feeling. All you care about is the air in my tires. All you care about is doing your job.

 Keep this up, and I’ll be leaving you for the Airbags Activated symbol.

No comments:

Post a Comment