Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

STOP! It's vegan time

As some of you may know, one of my best friends happens to be a vegan. Tomorrow is her birthday, so I'm making her muffins as a present. This is very exiting, since I haven't been allowed to bake since The Tapioca Incident last fall.

I'm not vegan. She knows that. What she doesn't know is that I'm not just following a recipe--I'm improvising. I'm doing something new. Heck, every time I follow a recipe, it blows up in my face (that's The Tapioca Incident again).

Step one: Gather ingredients. I'm missing baking soda, white vinegar, and one and a half lemons. Proceed to Google substitute ingredients and dig around in refrigerator some more

Step two: Pre-heat oven. I don't screw this up at all.

Step three: Cut up fruit. Google zest a lemon.

Step four: Mix ingredients. Bake. Blog while waiting for muffins to cook. Eat leftover batter. Love vegan baking. Love batter.

Step five: Post pic.

As you can see, they actually manage to look like muffins! Now comes the big test . . . taste.

Hey! It worked!

Happy Birthday, Taylor!

No comments:

Post a Comment